Saturday, September 18, 2010

Windows and more

The second project has been the installation of new windows of 18 of the 34 windows of the house. The windows were original windows dating back to 1924. That in itself is not crime. But it was single pane glass and most of the windows had been painted shut. After interviewing numerous companies, we went with Okna vinyl windows and so far we are very happy with it.
Right now I found some leaks on the roof of the sunroom. I got some sort of aluminum tape designed exactly to address this type of problem at Home Depot. If I do my prep work properly, it should be easy. That's a reason why I love this country: it's DIY paradise :-) Next there is some painting to do: the second layer of paint on the fence and some patching on the molding, inside, around the windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment